Sunday, January 23, 2011

Snow Play!





It's about time we got out and played in the snow! I have to confess, I have felt a bit sorry for Ethan because we have had snow on the ground for over 2 months now and we've only taken him out once or twice to play in it. Since I've been starting to feel a bit better and not so nauseated, I decided I would take the kids out this past week and try and build and snow man with them. I also felt like I need to do a little shoveling as we had a down pour of snow and Thomas was out of town for the week. Our driveway and sidewalk was looking pretty bad and I'm not sure what all the rules are in Ames, but I know it's not good to have an snow covered walkway for more than a couple of days. So, I shoveled and the boys played. It didn't take long before Simon was in over his knees and was begging to go back inside. He isn't too fond of snow yet, but I don't think Ethan was at this age either. It didn't make it any better when he kept pulling off his gloves. It was a constant battle trying to keep his hands from becoming little icicles. He was ok with hopping on the sled with Ethan and being pulled around the yard a couple of times. We threw a couple of snowballs and made half of a snowman and then both the boys were ready to head inside. They watched from the front window as I finished the shoveling and they found it very amusing to watch me work hard out in the snow, in the cold, while they were nice and warm inside the house. We all enjoyed some hot cocoa when I finished. It was a fun day. Hopefully we'll get out and play again soon...maybe even finish the snowman.

No comments: