Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Birthday to Remember...






This post will be somewhat of a challenge to write because I will have think back to a couple of weeks ago when we celebrated Ethan's 4th Birthday, and with all the Holidays and parties going on, the Birthday seems like ages ago. I have been wanting to write for some time now and there have been so many fun things that THomas and I have done with the kids and the family but it's been a crazy couple of weeks and I have felt pretty exhausted from it all, on top of the morning sickness that kicked in a right around his Birthday. The only time I usually blog is at night and falling asleep for the night at 8pm, right after the kids go to bed, doesn't allow me any time to get anything written. This has been hard for me but hopefully I can catch up and not miss much of what's been happening in our lives.
Ok, Ethan''s Birthday. What a fun afternoon. The party was smaller this year as we pushed the party back to the weekend of the 18th and realized that this was probably going to be a busy weekend for many people and so close to Christmas so we decided to just have a family party. Grandma and Grandpa Fawcett came for the weekend and we joined the Sanchez family for the party as well. WE celebrated a Toy Story party hosted by Gaga and Papa Shiplett and my sister and I felt we needed to do something unforgettable for the kids. We put together a puppet show with Ethan's puppet theatre and the kids thoroughly enjoyed it. Lauren and I practiced several times together and Lauren put together a wonderful script as I searched the library for the ideal characters for our show. I checked out some books as well as researched online how to put on a great puppet show and so Lauren and I put our heads together and came up with a stellar performance (or at least we thought so). There were so mishaps, but they went unnoticed by the kids and the adults just laughed even harder. Needless to say, we all had a great time and I think the kids were really impressed and a bit confused by who exactly was behind that theatre! Success!
Ethan and Ava have had every party together since their first and this year, we weren't about to break the tradition. Grandma Fawcett made amazing cakes, as usual. She made a large Toy Story cake and three individual cakes for each Birthday kid (Unfortunately, Eli Anderson couldn't join us because he was sick that day) with their favorite Toy Story character. Obviously the kids were in shock when they were able to eat their own individual cake. We sang, we ate lots of snacks and cake, and the kids played for hours. It was a great time with the family and I think Ethan will remember his 4th Birthday for a while.
After the party, we had little time to recover from all the excitement and we had to get ready for Christmas that next week. I was a little overwhelmed by all that needed to get done feeling the way that I have but Thomas helped out so much. He always goes above and beyond what is asked of him and he is truly an amazing helper, husband and friend. I couldn't be who I am without such a loving husband. I'll end with that.

No comments: