Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Crystal Garden




For Christmas, Ethan and Simon got a fun gift from grandma that I wanted to document because even Thomas and I thought this one was pretty cool. It's called a crystal garden and basically you set up the garden from pre-cut colored cardboard paper and then you pour a special solution onto the cardboard and in a few hours, the garden starts to grow! We watched it pretty closely and Ethan was a bit disappointed that it wasn't growing at the rate in which he would have liked, and he had to go to bed, but we reassured him that in the morning, there would be so much to see and some really vibrantly colored plants and trees. We were right! He was pretty impressed as was I. Thomas remembered doing these as a kid but I had never seen anything like it. It was a fun craft and the boys would like to do another. I'll have to see if there's something else available online to do again. After they had enjoyed the garden for a couple days, Thomas had some fun with still animation and took some pictures to compile a movie of a dangerous T-rex invading the garden! I had to include a photo! What a Dad!

No comments: