Saturday, October 9, 2010




Baking a giant chocolate chip cookie doesn't come without its challegnes. Peeling the entire cookie off of the waxed paper and placing onto the baking sheet without it tearing into pieces and baking the cookie until the perfect consistency was no small task. I offered to bake a cake for Neomii's Bday last weekend and she requested a Pizookie. I had no idea what a pizookie was until I did a little research and found out that basically, it's a giant chocolate chip cookie served warm with vanilla bean ice cream on top. I was pretty excited to give it a go after I found a good recipe. It came out great and I decorated the top to wish the Bday girl a Happy Day. It tasted great and I saved the recipe in the event that I would make it for other parties or maybe just a family tradition once in a while.

We also baked some peanut butter play-dough creations with a friend of ours, Chrissy. Chrissy came up with the idea and had a recipe for PB dough. I thought this was a fantastic idea because Simon could join us and would be ok if he ate a bit of the dough. Despite all the salt in regular play-dough, Simon still eats it. So, the boys molded away and we made a wide variety of shapes. We made a snowmen, squirrel, witches hat, pumpkin, trees, flowers and a few other creations. It was good fun and we baked them when they were ready. This didn't change the consistency much like we hoped but they held there shape and were very tasty! I think it was a hit!

After so many visits to the apple orchard, I decided that I would use some of our apples to bake my first apple pie. I think I mentioned it in a previous entry but I forgot to include a picture. I also forgot to take a picture before it was cut but since there were a few glitches within the whole process, I think I'll be baking another sometime. I'll remember to take a picture, fresh out of the oven when I bake another.

No comments: