Monday, October 4, 2010

Another Visit to the Apple Orchard






We loved the apple orchard so much that we thought we would take both sets of grandparents to see the place. The Grandma and Grandpa Fawcett along with Leanna and Grace came to Ames a couple weeks ago and we shared a wonderful time together, riding the Thomas the Tank Engine Train in Boone, IA. It was a blast and the kids had so much fun! It's one thing to watch Thomas the Tank on television, it's another thing to actually ride him! It was a hit. We then ventured to Cambridge to visit the apple orchard together. There was absolutely no one there so we had the whole place to ourselves. It was a bit chilly and wet, but that didn't stop the kids one bit. They rode the tractors, fed the animals, jumped in the corn pit, and went down the monster slide! A few days later, grandma Shiplett wanted to go with the kids so we went with my mom, my sister and her kids and Jeanie (my sister's mother-in-law) and we had a great time once again at the orchard. This time we spent most of our time on the giant jumping bean doing some major tricks! I think we all (mostly the adults) were a little sore the next day from the twisting and flipping we did. It was well worth it though. I think we might head to the orchard this week and try to make it with Thomas once more before the season is over. It's been well worth the cost of a season pass! It also inspired me to bake my first homemade apple pie! The apples are delicious from the orchard so I used them up in a pie I baked for some guests. It came out pretty good, flavor great, consistency was a little off. I'm hoping it's the first of many to come! Enjoy the pictures!

No comments: