Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Iowa State Fair





Yes, we did visit the fair twice this year and I think the boys could have gone again! The animals are the hit and it's always fun riding a few rickety rides on the midway. I think I blogged earlier about going to the fair and maybe I even posted a few pictures already but these I just couldn't resist. They capture the lure of the fair so well! If I listed everything that Ethan ate, I think it would make me sick just thinking about how much sugar we all consumed...that's what makes the fair so special! I like to think it's more about the farm animals and the giant butter cow that is a hit among most fair goers every year. You haven't been to the fair until you've seen the butter cow, as well as the largest bull in America! It's gigantic!!! We enjoyed going with my family the first time around and then we met up with the Fawcett's the next week. The fair is definitely something we will be making a tradition every year! After all, it all started 5 years ago when Thomas and I went to the fair for a concert on a date that was very early into our relationship. We already have so many memories at the fair and are hoping to make many more! Every year seems to get more excited for us as we watch the kids grow and enjoy the sites even more. The first picture pretty much sums it all up! Two very tired children (you can't see Simon very well but his head is hanging very low), incapable of making it home to fall asleep in their beds!

No comments: