Saturday, March 5, 2011



This last week, I'm sure we had record temps for Iowa in the monty of February. I think one day the temp was up to 66 degrees! It was absolutely gorgeous and we took advantage of it. We went for so many walks with friends and some by ourselves. We went to the muddy parks and played outside of our own house in the mud and slush. The boys got out there lawnmowers and pushed them up and down the street together and Ethan was able to try out his new bike with training wheels that he got for Christmas. It was a great week, one worth noting! It seemed as if spring wasn't far until this week approached and we're back in the freezing temperatures. Some people often ask me if it's difficult to be in Iowa coming from a place like California and honestly, I think it is what you make it. I really don't like being cold and the winter does seem to be a bit long, however the family and friends that we have here in Iowa add such warmth to our lives and I wouldn't trade that for anything...that doesn't mean that a trip to somewhere where it's warmer during this time of year wouldn't be nice. I think that might be something we try and do in the years to come when the kids are a bit older. I would love to take a road trip south to break up the winter a bit but we'll see. For now, we're doing ok and trying to take every advantage of days that show some sunshine and above freezing temps.
Next post, Simon's Bday! We've already been making the plans and EThan and I are going to work on making a pinata and special favors for the kids. I think Grandma Fawcett is working on a special tractor cake and Gaga Shiplett is making plans for a spectacular meal to celebrate the day! Can't believe our little guy is turning two!
Oh, and this next Tuesday, March 8th, 2011, we will be finding out what the sex of baby #3 will be! We can't wait!!! Updates soon to come!

No comments: