Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Basement Project: Before Pics






Thomas and I are really motivated to finish our basement by this winter. When we bought this house, we both had a vision for finishing the basement and using it as a playroom/entertainment room. We had hopes of finishing it last year, but we were so busy with a new baby and an incredibly busy first year at work for Thomas, working in his new position, so the basement project was put on hold. Thomas has been progressing steadily with the work, but now has really started to move quickly as winter in approaching fast. A couple of weeks ago, Thomas, with the help of his dad, put up all the framing. Today, he hooked up our new washer and it's running like a champ! I'm really excited because I have lost so many clothes due to rust spots on my whites and dark spots on my dark clothes. It's been frustrating to say the least, but problem solved! So, I've included some before pictures of the basement, the new washer and some fun paintings that Ethan and I worked on this past week. We've had a productive week, other than the terribly intense cold that we all came down with on Tuesday. Tis the season, I guess. Tomorrow Ethan starts the preschool co-op and we start preschool at home on Wednesday! Hopefully, I'll get a chance to blog about it this weekend.

No comments: